Brink - Fan Forum
Fan of Brink? Engage in the forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Brink - Fan Forum
Fan of Brink? Engage in the forum!
Brink - Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything you need to know about "Splash Damage"

5 posters

Go down

Everything you need to know about "Splash Damage" Empty Everything you need to know about "Splash Damage"

Post by El3mentGamer Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 pm

About Splash Damage

Overview
Based in London, England, Splash Damage Ltd is an independently-owned game developer that created the critically acclaimed Wolfenstein™: Enemy Territory® for id Software and most recently developed Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars®. The studio has won over 100 awards and nominations from publications across world and was named Best Independent Developer at the Develop Industry Excellence Awards 2008. Founded by Paul 'Locki' Wedgwood in 2001 with key members of the mod-making community, Splash Damage is currently working on Brink™ with Bethesda Softworks®.

History
Splash Damage was formed in May 2001 by Paul Wedgwood and other key members of the non-commercial online mod-making community. The team collaborated with Network Of the World and Gamer.tv, creating both custom maps and an in-game television production solution for Quake III Arena®. Splash Damage staff then worked to produce and present over 150 TV shows.
Later in 2001, Splash Damage built several maps for Counter-Strike, Quake III Arena, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein® for Games Domain, including the wildly popular Marketgarden, which instantly became the most popular third-party map for RTCW.
In 2002, following the success of Marketgarden, Splash Damage was tasked to produce three maps for the Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Game of the Year Edition. One of them, Tram Siege, immediately turned into the most played first party map for the game. Later that year, Splash Damage began a partnership with id Software and Activision to work on Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. This won several Game of the Year and Editor's Choice awards, a BAFTA nomination, and continues to be one of the most popular online FPS titles.
In June of 2003 and working closely with id Software, Splash Damage created all the multiplayer maps for id's shooter Doom 3®. This was the team's first opportunity to work with Doom 3 technology and experience the level design tools.
Splash Damage most recently continued its successful partnership with id Software and Activision with the highly anticipated Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars (ETQW). Built upon significantly enhanced Doom3 technology, ETQW is a team-based multiplayer shooter pitting Earth's Global Defense Force against the terrifying Strogg army. ETQW shipped worldwide in early October 2007 and was almost unifyingly lauded by critics for its strong teamplay mechanics and unique gameplay devices.

In May 2008, Splash Damage announced a development partnership with Bethesda Softworks and is currently working on Brink, a new, original title coming to the Xbox 360™, PlayStation® 3 and the PC in Spring 2011.

Splash Damage's success was recognized by its industry peers in July 2008 when the studio was named Best Independent Developer at the Develop Industry Excellence Awards.

www.BrinkTheGame.com
© 2010 ZeniMax Media Inc. Brink, Bethesda Softworks, ZeniMax, Id, DOOM, QUAKE, Wolfenstein and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by ZeniMax Media Inc. Developed in association with Splash Damage Ltd. Splash Damage and the Splash Damage logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Splash Damage Ltd. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
El3mentGamer
El3mentGamer
Resistance Leader

https://brink.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Everything you need to know about "Splash Damage" Empty Re: Everything you need to know about "Splash Damage"

Post by EarthCancer Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:15 pm

knowing these are the people making this game is all the more reason to be excited about it. they have all the ingredients for an amazing developer team.
EarthCancer
EarthCancer
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Everything you need to know about "Splash Damage" Empty Re: Everything you need to know about "Splash Damage"

Post by El3mentGamer Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:23 pm

EarthCancer wrote:knowing these are the people making this game is all the more reason to be excited about it. they have all the ingredients for an amazing developer team.

Very true. This may be just me. But does this game kinda remind you of Team Fortress 2 a bit?
El3mentGamer
El3mentGamer
Resistance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykk- Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:16 pm

It does remind me of Team fortress 2 just a tad actually. Everywhere I've said that I just got crap for saying that. It's like mirror's edge, Borderlands/Team Fortress 2 imo.
And knowing this bit about the makers makes me want the game a tad more than before.
Mykk-
Mykk-
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by El3mentGamer Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Mykk- wrote:It does remind me of Team fortress 2 just a tad actually. Everywhere I've said that I just got crap for saying that. It's like mirror's edge, Borderlands/Team Fortress 2 imo.
And knowing this bit about the makers makes me want the game a tad more than before.

The reason it seems like TF2 to me is because the style of graphics. The games have a cartoonish feel to it, if u get what i mean.
El3mentGamer
El3mentGamer
Resistance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisWreakStar Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:12 am

Heck yeah. Main reason Im getting this game is the feel of that SMART buttom action. This changes the FPS aspect. Instead of basic shooting. They involve movement to a whole new level while shooting. ME LIKEY!
ChrisWreakStar
ChrisWreakStar
Security (Moderator)

Back to top Go down

Post by -Red Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:59 pm

ChrisWreakStar wrote:Heck yeah. Main reason Im getting this game is the feel of that SMART buttom action. This changes the FPS aspect. Instead of basic shooting. They involve movement to a whole new level while shooting. ME LIKEY!

SMART is why BRINK will be revolutionary man!
-Red
-Red
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down